SLIDER

Water

Saturday, October 13, 2012
(Day 13 of a 31 Day Series)
If you stuck with me through yesterday’s post you deserve an easy design for today! How about some nice LOOONG gentle curves to quilt up a top lickety split?
water - walking foot quilting
Super easy, no marking required (unless you really want to) and adds a nice organic feel to the quilt. If you echo your lines (like the one that goes right across the middle of the quilt) the design kind of looks like wandering paths. Try it out on your next “outdoorsy” type of quilt. To keep it feeling more organic don’t echo it exactly the same.
See you tomorrow for some lovely quilts!
~ Norma

8 comments :

Gina Loomis said...

Thank you for posting about this topic! I'm anxious to try the designs on my next quilt! I don't comment for each post but I do seek out and read them each day!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This one is really appealing to me... and also looks doable which makes it all the better!

I've looked back through the lessons to make sure I didn't miss this - what do you use to mark your quilts? Thanks!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a fun way to quilt...will definitely have to give it a try!! Thanks for sharing!!

Quiltingranny said...

Love the simplicity in this one, thank you for sharing. Would love to have you stop by and visit and like our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782

Sheila said...

This looks like fun. Simple, softly flowing, very nice.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Thank you so much for such a great series and lots of inspiration!

Unknown said...

It's funny that I stumbled upon your posts this month - I just ordered a walking foot from Amazon, it will be here tomorrow. I'm so excited to use it since I've only been quilting for about a year and I know that this will really help me to do some neat stuff, like curves. Thank you for your posts on this subject. I will be coming back to practice once I get my foot from the postman tomorrow.

Annie said...

I love your blog! I have tried free motion quilting and just can't get comfortable with it. Your walking foot series has given me new ideas to get some baby quilts finished! I suffer from perfectionism - instead of just getting it done- nothing gets done!
Annieharrier@comcast.net

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design