SLIDER

Stairs

Saturday, October 20, 2012
(Day 20 of a 31 Day Series)
I have one more “zig zag” design to share with you this week.

If you slightly rotate the “zig zag” design you’ll end up with some stairs.
Stairs
In the example I followed the edges of the blocks to form the stairs. I only echoed the design once in the middle of the other blocks. I think it would look fabulous with 2-3 echoes in between the main blocks. This design does require a lot of pivoting so I might rethink that idea if this were a queen size quilt.
~ Norma

3 comments :

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Never thought of doing this. I like it. You need to write a book about these ideas. They are wonderful!

Impera Magna said...

I agree with Linda about the book... so many good ideas!

CeLynn said...

This one looks simple enough for a beginner like myself. I have always just done regular straight lines,or stitch in the ditch quilting.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design