SLIDER

Geometric Meander

Thursday, October 25, 2012

(Day 25 of a 31 Day Series)

In FMQ when you do a stipple or meander you are basically wandering in a random squiggly fashion. You can also do a random wandering with your walking foot like this:

geometric meander

There are no rules, just start wandering, it doesn’t matter how often you cross your lines. The left side of the quilt has more space between the designs and the boxes are bigger. You can quilt it denser, as shown on the right side of the quilt, by leaving less space between the boxes. The boxes are also smaller and more frequent.

 

~ Norma

4 comments :

Cheri said...

This is a really good idea and one I think I can teach my girls in my quilt class. Thanks!!!

CeLynn said...

This is a very interesting pattern. Thanks again for all the wonderful design ideas for the walking foot!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This looks fun to try! I wonder if using my walking foot bar attachment would allow me to not have to mark all the lines (using a line in the block to quilt along to).

Lesley said...

Very interesting! I see that we' re almost done the 31 days. I have enjoyed them immensely. I may have missed it, but any advice about choice of thread or tension? Thank you!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design