SLIDER

A Little Road Trip…

Monday, October 15, 2012
We went on a little road trip this past weekend. We traveled in our home away from home, built by my super awesome handy man husband:
tear drop trailer
Approximately 45 sq. ft. in the sleeping area. Comfortably sleeps 2 adults on a full size mattress and 3 kids with some strategically placed bunks. I love it! we are cozy, stay up way too late talking, laughing and watching movies. Love the memories we are creating with our kids.
We stayed at Jellystone Park camp ground in Scottsburg, IN. Where we were treated to a beautiful sight each morning:
fall trees and lake
We drove into Indiana (first time visiting IN so I can add another state to my bucket list) to pick up my new baby: *insert high pitched squeals*
hq16
On our way out of Indianapolis we drove around and saw this: (it was cold, windy and rainy so we didn’t explore as planned – oh yeah we had a kid with the pukes too – NOT fun)
A really cool, huge fountain at Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Monument Circle
We also saw the Indianapolis Capitol Building. Love that dome

Indianapolis Capitol Building

The next day on our way back to Nashville we drove around Louisville, KY and visited this place:
louisville slugger museum
Where we got to see and hold a bunch of really cool bats, watched MLB baseballs being made, saw one of Babe Ruth’s legendary bats with 23 notches carved in it (one for each homer he hit with that particular bat,) and we got to take a turn in the batting cages. I got to bat with an Evan Longoria bat. I chose the soft ball batting cages in case you’re wondering. We also toured the Louisville Mega Cavern – I didn’t get any pictures because, well it’s a cave and cave pictures hardly ever turn out. This cave used to be a limestone mine so it is man made and doesn't have any formations.
The whole trip was planned to pick up my new HQ16. Unfortunately I can’t play with it until we figure out a table option for it. Can you guess what our weekend project will be? I’m thinking of building a farmhouse style 12ft table. It has to be sturdy enough to keep down vibrations so I don’t think I want a folding banquet table. The HQ site has a table for almost $1000. Um I can build the farmhouse table for about $100. I think I’ll do that instead.

~ Norma

PS I will be selling off my old set up (Grace Start Right frame, Brother PQ 1300, Grace Sure Stitch regulator, and all sorts of extras) email me if you are interested.

2 comments :

Joy said...

Could you hear my squeals of delight from way down here? But then they may be squeals of envy. I think you need to move back here....like now please. Can't wait to see pictures of the things you will be quilting.

Sheila said...

Love your home away from home. It looks like a variation of a tear drop camper. Have you done a post about it?
The HQ Sixteen looks awesome.
Broken Glass looks interesting, modern, great for a small project.
I'm very much enjoying your 31 days.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design