SLIDER

Sunday Inspiration - Sharp Points

Sunday, October 21, 2012
(Day 21 of a 31 Day Series)

A little disclaimer: All of the designs featured in the 31 days post were thought up by me on one afternoon. I sat down with a pen and paper and drew out over 40 designs. As is often the case in quilting, the odds are that someone else has also had the same idea, but arrived at it or done differently. After I write the weekly posts, I sit down and search Flickr, Pinterest, and Google to see if i can find any quilts using similar designs/concepts that I have shared. I did not browse the internet and steal designs/ideas from others to pass off as my own.

1. Untitled, 2. little quilt, 3. Quilted Zig Zag Quilt, 4. Quilting Detail Coin Quilt, 5. Argyle Baby Quilt 4, 6. Sahar-randomlines, 7. Argyle Baby Quilt Back, 8. Zig Zag Quilt Top, 9. Bot Camp

1. Zig Zag design on a non- zig zag quilt. Almost exactly like my demo quilt!
2. Echoed step in the negative (white space.)
3. Echoed zig zag in the negative space.
4. Double argyle.
5. An argyle variation using darker thread for some quilting lines.
6. Broken glass.
7. More argyle (I think this is the back of the quilt, but it looks great!)
8. Mix up your designs! Zig Zag and straight lines together on the same quilt.
9. Another example of broken glass.

Now that you can see some examples on quilts which one is your favorite design of the week? Is there one design that at first you decided was just "eh" that you would give a second chance to now?  

~ Norma

5 comments :

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I ordered some marking pens/pencils to try which arrived on Friday so I'm excited to give argyle and water a go this week! Wish me luck...

Gene Black said...

I love the echoed zigzag.
I will be trying random lines on a baby quilt, I think.

ritainalaska said...

the double argyle is my fav this week :) well, poo, i like them all!

Sheila said...

They are all interesting. I like the broken glass lines, but would have a difficult time getting started with them. Little anxious about making them look right on a larger quilt. But I would like to try. Maybe marking them out first would help?

♥Duff said...

I really like the zig zag quilt front--the intensity of the blue and contrast really drew me in. The quilting is a contrast also (straight line and zig zag)so that just makes it all the more delightful because it's a simple design yet my eye keeps moving around it (oh, and the binding is perfect!)

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design