SLIDER

Fabrics Specs

Friday, January 28, 2011
I got a few questions about the fabrics I used for the peacocks in my last post.


I used the one on the left for the center peacock feather. It is Michael Miller fabric designed by Patty Young. I wish I had the other colorways to make all of the peacock feathers this way. In fact I may just have to order some and re-make those feathers.

The print on the right was used for the peacock wings. I fussy cut the blue leaf so it looked like feathers (at least it did to me.) I got this fabric when I won a FQ bundle from Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works. It is a Free Spirit fabric designed by Jill Gordon.


... and here is a picture of the peacocks taken in natural light. This is more true to the color of the Kona Charcoal which a lot of people where thinking was black.

~ Norma

3 comments :

Sammy said...

Beautiful fabric, and divine peacocks.

-Samya :-)

Gene Black said...

Seeing the natural light photo I stand by my choice of the charcoal - and I like it even better

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Charcoal for sure. The peacock (which is gorgeous BTW) seems to pop against that gray!!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design