SLIDER

The Bitty Block Committee

Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I have joined my first swap of 2011. I love joining swaps because it forces me to get things done. I'm one of those people that is more motivated by a deadline than anything else.

So I joined in The Bitty Block Committee on Flickr. This is a monthly swap group where you create 12 3.5"x3.5" unfinished blocks based on a theme. You then send out 11 of your blocks (you get to keep one) and in return you get 11 blocks made by other people. I thought the small scale of the swap and blocks would be the perfect way to break in the swapping year.

I joined the redwork group and so far I've come up with 2 blocks. I'm thinking of doing 3 designs x 4 of each just to break up the monotony. You can click on the picture to be taken to Flickr page for more info (size, design etc.)



1-4 Bitty Block #1

1-4b Bitty Block #2


I've also signed up for the Doll Quilt Swap on Flickr (DQS10)  I love the DQS and all of the creativity that comes from this very active Flickr group. I can't wait to get my partner and start making another small treasure. Doll quilts are a great way to feel like you've accomplished something! The small size makes it easy to actually complete the quilt. Don't be fooled though, doll quilts aren't necessarily easier to make. Just take a look at the DQS Flickr pool and see how much effort and creativity goes into each little quilt.

Are you joining any online swaps or bees? What do you like or dislike about them?

~ Norma
Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design