SLIDER

MTQB October Block

Sunday, January 2, 2011
Yesterday night I sat down for my first sewing adventure of 2011. Nothing like sewing on the first day of the year especially when its 1/1/11! I just had to start the year off right. I did have grand plans of also having a morning run but it was storming all day long in Alabama.

Here is my block for Lady Docker.

1-2 Bee Block

She sent us some Verna Jelly roll strips and requested a log cabin style block with a floral applique in the middle. She left the applique up to us. I made this flower which reminds me of the flowers on Mario Bros. Can you tell I've been playing too much Wii? I saw this flower here which was inspired this flower here.

Hopefully my enthusiasm for sewing and exercising will be off the charts this year. I feel like 2011 wasn't as productive as it could have been. But looking back at my to do list for 2011 I guess I did quite a bit, just not all sewing related.

I think I made this list around June so it doesn't account for the first half of the year!
***********************
Ongoing Projects:
- Jacob's Coat Quilt: 36 of 637 petals made (only 601 to go!)
So I fizzled on the Jacob's Coat petal making saga
- DQS9 (top,quilted, bound, sent)
- MTQB blocks: April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
I only need to make November's block!
***********************
1. Modify Tradition Swap
2. Quilts for Kids (pieced top, quilted, bound)
3. Scrappy {Hoops} Swap
4. Friendship Quilt (quilt, bound) Didn't make any progress here
5. H's Quilt (cut, blocks pieced, top made, quilted, bound) This one is in progress and is up on my design wall
6. E's Quilt (cut, pieced, quilted, bound) I've only cut the fabric, no piecing yet
7. Tulip Patch Quilt (cut, blocks pieced, top made, quilted, bound) This one is started, just have to make it into a top
8. Love Birds Quilt No progress here

I really liked having my list on my side bar and I'll be posting my new list soon.

~ Norma

2 comments :

gale said...

That is adorable. I LOVE that flower in the middle. Simple and super cute.

Susan said...

I love the flower block! And I have a road bike! Did 52 km yesterday and 30 hilly kilometres on New year's Day! Probably not cycling weather where you are!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design