SLIDER

Stuffs...

Saturday, January 8, 2011
No that's not a misspelling, didn't you know that the plural of "stuff" is stuffs? :)

I know, super creative right? I just couldn't think of another title for "random" ... maybe I should pull out the Thesaurus. {Do kids these days even know what a Thesaurus is or do they just think it's an extinct dinosaur? ... wait, all dinosaur's are extinct... Do kids even own hard copies of dictionaries anymore?... ok getting sidetracked.} Anywhoo there are a couple of things I wanted to share with you.

First, I updated my sidebar (bottom left) with my "quilting" goal list for 2011. I have personal goals too, but those are personal. Actually they really aren't that personal but I didn't think you'd be interested in knowing that I want to do better about reading my scriptures, holding family home evening, not yelling at my kids, and doing my dishes more often! Cause you didn't want to know that right?

Right now there are 10 things on my list but I'm sure more will be added through out the year. Most of the things on the list are things I didn't get around to last year, but some things are new. Did you read #10? I'm so excited about this one and I think I can make this happen in the next month or two! Oh, and did you notice that numbers 5, 6 and 9 have patterns associated with them?

Second, I'm doing Project 365 again this year. I actually did really good last year, except you wouldn't know that because I was awful about uploading my pictures. I was going strong until about October and when the holidays hit I just fizzled. This year I'm trying again but I'm cutting myself some slack and I'm not going to try and "make up" a missed picture. I'd rather get a good meaningful picture rather than taking pictures of my toes because it's 10 pm and I didn't get a picture of the day! {Besides I'm a little self conscious of my toes, I don't need the whole world to see my toes.} I learned a lot last year and became really comfortable with my camera's Aperture Priority mode. This year I'm boldly taking my camera where it's never gone before ... dun dun duh ... that's right it's going to Manual Mode land.  The thought is actually kind of terrifying but I'm hoping to get a DSLR in a few months and there is no way I'm going to shell out that kind of dough to use it on automatic.

Lastly, did you see that I already crossed of #3 on my to do list? Earlier tonight I finished up all 12 of my 3.5" red-work block for The Bitty Block Committee swap. Here are the little birdie blocks:


1-8 Finished

I made four of each design. I think they turned out pretty darned cute. I was kicking myself by about block 8 wondering why in the world I picked something so complicated and curvy to fit into 3.25" inches of fabric {you have to have a 1/4" seam allowance all the way around.} Well, lesson learned!

~ Norma

2 comments :

highdeekay said...

I'm glad to see your priorities are correct. :)

Love ya, can't wait to see them and no pressure, really.

SewHappyGeek said...

Hey, I gave you a blog award, because I love the blog! check it out if you get a minute! :)
www.excellcrafts.blogspot.com

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design