SLIDER

Quilt Top Finished

Saturday, January 15, 2011
Yesterday I finished up the quilt top for my friend's quilt. I have received a few questions as to the fabrics in the quilt. Some of you may remember this post. This is a memory quilt for that same friend. The fabrics are all from her husband's shirts.
Time is such a fickle thing, sometimes crawling along and other times speeding by. It seems like it was only such a short time ago that Phil passed away, yet on paper you can flip through the calendar and in a few short weeks it will have been a year. My heart still aches for my dear friend and wish I were closer to be there for her. These two amazing friends of mine embody every word of one of my favorite Hymns, "Each Life that Touches Ours for Good" (you can listen to it by clicking on the link and then clicking "words and music" at the top left before clicking play {my kids must think I'm nuts 'cause I'm sitting here with happy tears.}



1-14 Top Finished


As much as I would have liked to spend today quilting it I couldn't because I don't have a piece of batting large enough. So I'm waiting until Monday in hopes of a 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon. I did find the perfect backing for it though.  I still have to figure out how I want to quilt it. I spent much of today lying around because of a migraine so I wouldn't have worked on it even if I had the batting. {I think some Dr. Pepper might be in order.}

I actually researched ordering the batting wholesale (see #10 in my goal list, bottom left.) Did you know that cotton prices are going up this year? Probably pretty soon. You can read more about it here. Basically there is less cotton than what the world uses so you can bet all of our cotton products are going to go up in price. That means our hobby will become that much more expensive! Maybe those stash diets I've seen popping up over the New Year might not be such a bad idea.

 I started a fun little feature over on my left sidebar. My SIL has a "Reality Check" on her blog and I love reading it. So I decided to do my own version but it will only list the latest 7 things I add to the list. Mine is titled "The Nut Shell" because it's basically my life in a nut shell and sometimes I feel like a nut. Here you will catch glimpses of my very ordinary life as a mom of two, but as any of us with kids know life with kids can be anything but ordinary.

Anyway, hug your loved ones because you never know what life will bring. A couple of months ago my daughter and I could have been in a terrible accident with a semi truck that ran a red light at 50mph. It was our turn to go, we were first in line. Luckily my Heavenly Father decided it wasn't our time and so we weren't in that intersection. It sure made me think about whether or not my family knows I love them each and every day.

~ Norma

5 comments :

Jennwith4 said...

That is a lovely quilt. Such a sweet thing you are doing for your friend!

Gene Black said...

The quilt is lovely. I do indeed remember the post. I am shocked that it has been that long. Time can fly indeed.
Thanks for the link to the hymn.

I love the "in a nutshell"

Anne at Film and Thread said...

It's looking so beautiful. I've learned a couple things about the Hobby Lobby Coupon - you don't have to have a printed off one to get the discount. Just pull the image up on your phone and they will give it to you. Also, Hancocks will honor Hobby Lobby or Michaels or Joanns coupons, so if you get a 40% off for one, it will probably work at another store.

highdeekay said...

It looks awesome! I'm so excited to see it in person. Did you hear I'm coming out there next month? We are excited! See you soon!!!! :)

amy smart said...

This is such a perfect quilt for the shirt fabrics. I love the quilt and the gesture. I've made a couple of quilts lately for people in need. It's been theraputic for me to actually DO something when I felt so helpless. I'm excited to see it when it's done.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design