SLIDER

Super Secret Project

Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Many of you have noticed my long gaps between posts and I have a really good excuse. I just can't tell you about it, yet. I'm working on a super top secret project that is taking up a lot of time and a lot of energy. The deadline for said project was moved up by a whole month! This caught me by surprise but I've come to terms with it. I still have almost 6 months til the deadline but loosing 30 days has changed my priorities and focus. I know, it's so mean of me leave you hanging but I promise I will let you know more soon :)  {maybe we can play the hot cold game and I'll let you know when you are getting hotter}

Here some stuff I can share:

A few days ago I got my new quilting frame. After I set it up I was no longer "feeling" my creative mojo. The sewing room felt cramped and messy, it got to the point that I didn't even want to come in here. *gasp* So I decided to do something about that which resulted in an even bigger mess, lots of furniture moving and rearranging. I finally arrived at this layout and it feels so much more open.




2-8 Sewing Room


I now have two separate work spaces. One for sewing and pressing, and one for cutting and general crafting (brown desk.)



2-8b Sewing room


I did have to perform minor surgery on my polka dot ironing board to have it fit the other table. I still have a few more things to put away (pile of stuff on the brown desk) and some minor changes to make like moving the design wall over by the brown desk. I'm loving the space so much more now. I only wish it were warmer. As you can see I have to make do with the little heater on the ironing board {it's usually pointed right at me! brr} but I know come summer I'm going to enjoy being in the coolest room in the house. Good thing the winters aren't long in the south.

Now for some general showing off:

The dog finally got bathed and brushed, courtesy of Pet's Mart :)



2-1 My fluffy


Let's just say that when he decides to go digging in the red southern dirt $21 is totally worth it. I didn't take a before picture but he ends up looking very orange. ALL OVER. The dirt just sticks to his fur like a magnet, think of a shaggy microfiber floor mop, that's what his fur does. He was pretty bad this time. His whole face was many shades of orange. The down side to him being all clean is that he's so fluffy and cute everyone calls him a girl! I can't wait for warmer weather so I can shave him down.

My new bag:



1-28 New bag

I'm not a bag type of girl. I have one cause it's handy. I'm the type of girl who buys one bag and uses it until it's falling apart and it's time to get another. I spotted this one at TJ Maxx and I just fell in love with the fabric print. That print would be right at home in my stash. Yummy! Right now it's serving as my church bag and holds my scriptures and small notebooks for Primary.

And last:



2-9 CTR Towel


I made this cute towel earlier today for the little boy in our ward who is getting baptized this Friday night. He'd probably get mad that I called him little, but 8 is still little in my mind. CTR is an acronym we use in my church to remind the kids (and adults!) to always Choose The Right.

well that's all for now!

~Norma


Linking up to Sew Darn Crafty

6 comments :

Gene Black said...

Hot or cold: You have a book deal!

Hot or cold: You are designing a fabric line.

Hot or cold: There is a third PD child on the way? (just kidding, I think.)

corrie said...

Your room looks great.
I LOVE the bag. It's a great bag to have for church. So perfect for church. Fit's all the right church stuff you might need. Good find.

Good luck on the project. 30 days is a lot to lop off.
You can do it though. No doubt.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I was going to guess book deal, also. That towel turned out wonderfully. Love the style of the crest and letters.

highdeekay said...

Hot or Cold: preggers!!!!!

Sara said...

The towel is awesome and I like your church's motto!

Jennifer and Clay said...

Great bag...it will hold so many useful things...especially in six more months. :) Am I warm?

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design