SLIDER

New (used) Toy

Thursday, July 10, 2014

I guess I shouldn't call it a toy since it is very useful and I will definitely put it to good use around here. I picked up this baby off craigslist for $50. The lady had it listed for $75. It's a Brother Lock 929D I've learned the art of bargaining from my shameless hubby! The one thing I have learned from him is: it doesn't hurt to ask. I had her drop the price over the phone before I drove 45 minutes out to get it.

I really should have taken a "before" picture because it was so dirty! Had I not talked the lady down on the phone I would have once I saw the state of the machine. Nothing a soapy rag, paint brushes, oil and about 2 hours time couldn't handle. I haven't tried it out yet because I have yet to get some cones for it. Eventually I'll take it in for a tune up because I couldn't get into all the nooks and crannies.

My first project is going to be a slipcover for my couch.

~ Norma
blog.petitdesignco.com

3 comments :

Unknown said...

Lets hope it turns into a really great deal I expect that once its been in for her checkup up that it will be fine. Ann
annbowman2B4him@2gmail.com

Jane said...

Do you know how to thread it? I'd love to have one. Looking forward to seeing the slipcover!

Gene Black said...

FYI, you can use spools of thread on it too. I see Nancy Zieman do it all the time on her show.

I hope you don't have a problem threading it. That is the only "bad" part about a serger.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design