SLIDER

Date Night

Friday, July 18, 2014

I've got a date with my not-so-white-anymore couch tonight. I'm prepping yards and yards of natural colored canvas so that I can get started on that slipcover I mentioned. The canvas is more off white/almond colored than I had hoped but it will do for now, especially since I don't really know what I'm doing! Ha!

I often dive into projects without really knowing what I am doing but I'm usually pretty confident going in because I tend to research things to death. I plan on making a basic slip cover with a box pleat skirt. The cushions will be individually slip-covered as well. I am forgoing the piping because I don't feel like making it and because I'm not 100% in love with the color of the fabric.

How about you, do you have any weekend sewing plans?
~ Norma
blog.petitdesignco.co

3 comments :

Jacqueline said...

I am anxious to follow along with your project.

Jane said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress, and wishing you well with it! I watched Miss Mustard Seed's slipcover videos and decided to try it. Got as far as buying the drop cloths and no further.

Dora, the quilter said...

The last couple of times I did slipcovers, I too omitted the piping. After all, the piping is what wears out first, and once I've made a slip cover, I don't want to have to remake it a few years down the road.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design