SLIDER

What I did on My Summer Vacation: Virginia City

Wednesday, July 21, 2010
During our visit to Nevada we were able to visit to a 150+ year old city: Virginia City. I absolutely love going to old places. There is so much character, beautiful architecture, and a different pace of life. I can't help but imagine what it would have been like to live in a town like this... and then I am so grateful that I did not! Lets just say I'm a big fan of modern conveniences like cars, grocery stores, running water, electricity and such.



One of my favorite things to do in little tourist traps like this is to browse all the little shops because there are often really impressive things sold along with all the touristy junk trinkets. Case in point:
Check out these awesome garden sculptures done by an artist. I really like the angler fish, reminds me of Finding Nemo. I don't usually buy anything but I do love to browse!

We took the kids on a train ride. Again, I'm grateful for airplanes and cars!

Virginia City

The town is littered with really cool old houses, mansions, and buildings.

Chollar/Savage Mansion (restored)
This beautiful mansion has been restored and I just couldn't get enough of it's beauty. It was constructed 149 years ago and was visited by many historical figures including Mark Twain, Ulysses S. Grant (he gave a speech from that very balcony), and the cast of Bonanza!



Isn't it just amazing? I would love to live in an updated (electricity, central heat and air, updated kitchen) historic home!

Norma
Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design