SLIDER

Plugging Away

Saturday, July 17, 2010
My UFO (Un-Finished Object) List {over there on the left hand side bar} has really been keeping me on task. I don't know if you've heard the saying " a goal not written is only a wish" or "a goal without a plan is only a wish" but it's definitely true. That little {or not so little} list is helping me to stay focused on my goal of finishing up my UFOs. I don't  know if you've noticed that I've slowly been crossing things off since that little list made it's appearance on June 1st.

Yesterday I finished piecing the quilt top for my Quilt for Kids quilt. This is a very cool organization that has partnered with Downy to provide quilts for children in need. You can donate a quilt or you can request a quilt kit from them. It's pretty straightforward and within a few days you will have the quilt kit with all the necessary fabric {pre-cut even!} for the top and the back sent to you. You provide the labor to piece it, and quilt it, as well as the batting.
Isn't it cute! I hope to get it on the frame tonight so I can very quickly quilt it tomorrow after church. I think this quilt is going to make some kid very happy! I feel rotten though because I've taken longer then the allowed 4-6 weeks {I can't even remember when I got the kit.} I guess I'll have to make up for it by sending an extra quilt!

Norma
Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design