SLIDER

What I did on My Summer Vacation: Six Flags

Thursday, July 15, 2010
One of my favorite memories as a kid was going to Marine World (now Six Flags Animal Kingdom) in Vallejo, CA. Back then the park was all about the animals and I can only assume it was something like Sea World {I've never been to Sea World so I'm assuming here.} We only went a handful of times as this sort of thing got expensive real quick for a family of six. It was always a trip I would eagerly anticipate and look forward to all year long.

It was on a trip here that I decided I wanted to be a marine biologist, then a veterinarian, then an animal trainer, then a marine biologist yet again! I still have a soft spot for the majestic sea creatures. Maybe that's why I love scuba diving.

Of all the times I visited Marine World in my youth, never once did we get the opportunity to sit up close in the "splash zone" during the whale show. I remember being envious of all the kids sitting up in the first few rows and thinking how lucky and special they were. Well it was finally our turn!


We got to sit in the 4th row and I was so thrilled to share with my kids what I had always wanted to do as a kid. The kids were thrilled with the beautiful majesty of Shouka the Orca whale and her best friend Merlin the bottle nosed dolphin.


EJ had a huge grin on his face the whole time and  his eyes were huge with amazement. I couldn't help but remember the times that I sat in that stadium filled with the same wonder and amazement at such wonderful creatures. Ellie Mae loved it and was having the time of her life... that is until Shouka said hello.


Then she wasn't so thrilled after all. Let me tell you, whale water is overrated! It's stinky, tastes gross, and for some reason it's a little more slimy than ocean water. EJ was still thrilled!


I caved in and bought the kids a stuffed Shouka toy and I love to see my kids playing with it at home. Especially when they play "splash."

Mr.PD and I were able to go off on some roller coasters with my little (21yr old) brother while my mom graciously watched the kids for 2 hours. It was fun to actually go to a theme park and get our money's worth. We had horrible luck though. 2 of the 4 rides we were trying to squeeze in broke down while we were in line!

This is my little brother 

...and there they go. Check out the little boys sitting behind him.



I couldn't resist a few pictures in the butterfly house. Which felt just like Alabama! Hot and very humid!


This guy is awesome and looks like an owl face to me!



Norma
Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design