SLIDER

March Photo a Day: 3/11-3/13

Wednesday, March 19, 2014
3-11a

This is a close up of my favorite chicken, Pepper. She is a Barred Rock. I love her striking coloration and she made it to the top of my list on looks alone. From afar she looks like salt and pepper and up close her plumage is very graphic and almost striped in appearance.

I couldn’t resist this other shot of these beautiful tail feathers courtesy of one of our Ameraucanas, LaFawnduh. Actually I can’t really tell our Ameraucanas apart so they’re all “LaFawnduh” (and yes, we named her/them after the character on Napoleon Dynamite!)

3-11b
 
 
 
 
3-12&13
I cheated here and used the same picture for 2 days. I really could not thing of anything to photograph for “grainy.” I don’t like editing my photos to add a grainy texture so the word made me think of grains- I’ve got plenty of those around. You can see my cute boots I wear around the yard while doing “farm” chores. You can also see two of our LaFawnduh’s. I know they don’t look exactly alike but I always forget which was named what. Come to think of it, I can’t even think of the original names of our other Ameraucanas

2 comments :

Ann said...

Excellent photos, Norma!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design