SLIDER

Score!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

dresser2

I found this vintage/antique dresser on Craigslist. After a few back and forth emails I had it “claimed” as mine for a mere $50!

I did have to drive an hour each way to pick it up. It also has a dated faux finish on it which is being removed as I type.  It has an all over marbled/sponged brown paint with gold accents on the raised carvings. The top features a metallic diamond pattern.

dresser3 
We picked it up earlier today and I couldn’t wait to get started on it. I convinced my husband to help me bring it into the kitchen so that I could work on it in the comfort and warmth of the house. He looked at me and said, “You know this is going to be here for like a month right?” I just sweetly smiled and said, “well you can help me move it out in a month!” He just shook his head and laughed. I don’t have the greatest track record when it comes to finishing projects.

I have no idea when the dresser was made but we did find a furniture tag on the back. A little google-ing and I found out a little bit about a the company. The Globe-Bosse-World Furniture Company based in Evansville Indiana built this beautiful dresser. Depending on when it was made this dresser can be anywhere from 54-100 years old. I can’t really red the cursive writing on the tag but I think that on the “For” line it says the name of another furniture company. I think the “State” line might read TN. I tried playing with the contrast and such in Photoshop but this is as good as I could get it.
dresser1 Eventually I would like to turn this into a sink base for the master bathroom. For now it will become my new TV stand, well once it’s refinished… in a month :)

~ Norma

3 comments :

Quiltingranny said...

Very nice piece!

Arianne said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see the transformation. We've been trolling Craigslist for dressers lately, too.

Arianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design