SLIDER

Goal for 2014

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I know I’ve said this before, but I have never followed through, I want to publish some quilt patterns.
indesign_study

In the past I have gotten close, but somehow I always psych myself out or other important things come up in life. One of the things that has stopped me before is that I didn’t feel confident in the design aspect/layout of my pattern writing skills. There is nothing that irks me more than forking over my money for a pattern and rushing home to get started only to be disappointed. My biggest disappointment usually comes from one of two things:
1) handwritten instructions that are photocopied and are hard to read.
2) poor diagrams

I think the designer in me really finds this annoying. Poor piecing instructions also irritate me but I’m at  point where I can usually figure those out on my own. I guess I feel slightly cheated when I purchase something that looks like it was sketched out during lunch and called good enough. I figure that since you really only have to write the pattern once you might as well spend the time to do it right.

In order to keep myself from falling into one of those two categories I have decided to teach myself Adobe InDesign. I’m hoping it won’

1 comment :

Teacosy said...

Looping forward to One of your Designs in the Future.
Gruß Sylvia

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design