SLIDER

Upholstery Heaven!

Thursday, September 23, 2010
Last month I visited a place that I've been meaning to stop at every time I drive by. The conditions were finally right; I was in the area, no kids with me, and I had my camera. Mr. PD was there as a bonus! Downings General Store in down town Anniston Alabama is an upholsterers dream come true.


They had so many bolts of scrumptious fabrics and all were reasonably priced. Much cheaper than Hobby Lobby or Joann's even with a coupon. Most fabrics were priced at around $7-$8 a yard! Now I know where I will go for my next upholstery project.


 

~Norma

4 comments :

corrie said...

Oooooh. I like it.

Joy said...

I love this store. It helps that it is right down the street from the Brother Dealer.

Gene Black said...

I remember "back when" they had all types of fabric. My grandmother would get quilting fabric there also. Now they may or may not have quilting fabric when you go in.
They do have a LOT of upholstery fabrics.

(Joy, I go to Huntsville for a Brother dealer because it saves me lots of money and they are more friendly.

highdeekay said...

How did I never know about this place in the 4 years I lived there? humph. I did just buy some beautiful upholstery fabric at the HobLob for $7/yard! Yup. Re-doing the "chemo chair" so it will become the "Heidi's favorite reading chair" once again! :)

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design