SLIDER

Rugby Baby Quilt

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

rugby_quilt_web

I absolutely love stripes for little boys, especially thick rugby style stripes. In my mind there is nothing more boyish than rugby stripes.

So when I was invited to a baby shower for a very special soon to be born baby boy I decided to make a rugby quilt. My 9 year old son has been wearing a navy blue and gold rugby stripe polo shirt lately and I think that is what inspired this quilt. It is a simple non fussy quilt that is both modern and classic at the same time.

I used Kona Cotton in “Steel” and “Snow” for this quilt. If you have been following my blog for a while you know that “Snow” is my favorite white to use. It is a soft ivory that reads as white without being too stark. I find that it works well with most whites found on fabric prints. It also looks great on top of cream colored batting.

I quickly styled this photo right before heading to the baby shower. It was a very overcast day and this was the best I could do. I’ll be heading over to my friend’s house at a later date to take better pictures in her super cute house. Seriously I could add her whole house to my pinterest board!

So there you have it my first start and, more importantly, finish of 2014!
Do you have a finish for 2014? I’

2 comments :

Gene Black said...

I have five finishes. They are not quilts, but I have finished weaving FIVE scarves. Wow, I was thinking three, but I have actually finished five! The first one was the one for me.

Ann said...

This quilt is my taste to a tee! You did a lovely job on it.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design