SLIDER

Design Wall Monday

Monday, January 7, 2013

You’ve probably noticed that I have been missing since early December. At that time I was busy with seasonal orders for my shop. I was also busy with my own family and our Christmas traditions. This year we spent Christmas in Houston with my in-laws. It’s a 13 hour drive from middle TN according to Google. But Google doesn’t travel with 3 little kids!

Right before leaving I started having computer troubles. Somehow we got infected with malware, something our antivirus didn’t catch. Once we got back from our vacation it was time to really attack the problem. We tried 5 or 6 different programs and scans to fix the computer and nothing worked. Finally we backed up all the files and did a complete wipe and re-install.

It worked and now I have clean slate to work with! Unfortunately I can’t find my software cd’s for Adobe Illustrator from our recent move. I use it for all of my portrait silhouettes and use it often for designing applique and some of my quilts. grrr!

To drown out my sorrows I decided to start a new project on New Year’s Eve. I don’t like staying up late anymore so I need to be actively doing something so I don’t fall asleep. I’ve been working on this fun project for the New Year:

sparkle plenty

I got a kit from Connecting Threads (no longer available) for around $25! I thought it was a steal and so did lots of people because they sold out quickly. The pattern is called “Sparkle Plenty” by Loft Creations.

~ Norma
PS make sure you go see what every one else is working on at Judy’s

5 comments :

Chris said...

A new project always makes things brighter :)

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

Love your new quilt. It's just beautiful!

Gene Black said...

The new project looks great. I hope you find your Illustrator disks soon.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

That is beautiful. Stunning, Wonderful!!! holey cow.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

wonderful quilt! Glad you got the computer working again - hope you find your program!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design