SLIDER

DQS 13

Monday, January 14, 2013

If you have followed my blog for a while you know that my all time favorite online swap is the Doll Quilt Swap (DQS) over on Flickr. Round 13 is underway and quilts are due to be sent out by mid February. I think I have participated in 6 rounds so far. I love the challenge of creating something unique for my partner. As I have pointed out to my husband before, just because it’s small (must measure between 9”x9” and 20”x20”) it doesn’t mean it’s any easier.

I’ve decided to finally make a design that has been in my EQ folder for a couple of years. I drafted this design when I was playing around with designs made up entirely of HST’s.

DQS13 - game plan

I picked some random fabrics (Meadowsweet) to play around with the level of “scrappiness.” The one quilt on the left is the most scrappy, with the center star being two fabrics. The middle layout is done with only two fabrics for the whole quilt. The quilt on the right is a more controlled with a center star and “arrows” being done in two fabrics. I’m not really sure which one I will go with at this point. I like them all.

Is there one you like best or do you like them all?
~ Norma

3 comments :

Schulz Family said...

I love them all. But would have to say that I like the scrappy thing so the one on the left and the right appeal to me more than the middle. Kudos to you that you did more than one!!

Jean said...

I like the middle one the best. Second choice would be the one on the right.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I think I like the 3rd one the best.. seems like a perfect blend of the first two. :) Gorgeous!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design