SLIDER

What a Nightmare!

Saturday, July 23, 2011
Last night I was determined to finish up block #43 from "The Farmer's Wife." That was a doozy of a block and I suggest you save it for when you are feeling a bit more confident about piecing such tiny little blocks with loads of pieces and y-seams.
FW #43

I ended up with 2 little puckers but I think I will go back and fix it later... much later. I've had enough of this block for now. It honestly wasn't that hard but there sure were a lot of pieces. Everything ended up perfect until I got to the y-seams. It all went down hill from there. It took me several hours to make this block but I was determined to not give up and to paper piece the darn block. Am I glad that's over!
FW #43

I whipped up this progress chart in EQ6 by importing my .jpg block images and placing them into the quilt layout. If you are going to do this you should crop your images as close to square as possible and also make them low resolution so you don't overload EQ6. (I made my images 72ppi)
FW Progress 7-23

I am not sure what colors I will be using for the cornerstones, sashings or borders. For now I threw in some grays and of course red and aqua/teal. For now the blocks are placed in the exact spot they appear in the book, just to make it easy to track my progress, but I can already see that some blocks will have to be moved around to better distribute color and value.

I also sent off this quilt back to it's owner.
HST trip quilted

That is not a pantograph, it was done free motion. I hope this beautiful quilt makes someone really happy!

~Norma

4 comments :

Staci said...

It is a beautiful block--even though it gave you fits!

fwood said...

You did a great job Norma. Can't wait to get mine to you. I think I might let you choose a pattern.

Joy said...

This is going to be my quilt right?!!

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful block. And I love seeing how you are using EQ to track your progress. Great idea.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design