SLIDER

... and Two Steps Back

Thursday, July 21, 2011
Apparently being super productive this late in pregnancy only makes you super tired the next day! Tuesday morning was wasted while I spent 3 hours at the OB's office, mainly in the waiting rooms. I understand that Dr's have emergencies (she was called to deliver a baby) but the receptionist could have let those of us in the waiting room know and given us the option to maybe come back in an hour or two or to even re-schedule.

After that I took my kids out to meet daddy for lunch because they were on their very best behavior the entire 3 hours! Then I came home and crashed for a two hour nap. Afterwards the only productive thing I did was to whip up block #103 of the Farmer's Wife.
FW #103
Fabrics: Tufted Tweets + Kona Snow

I'm starting to understand how paper piecing works and have even gotten away with combing a few pieces that EQ suggested be pieced separately. I guess sometimes EQ makes suggestions not knowing that you will be using the same fabric for adjoining pieces. As you can see in the picture below I was able to combine the 3 sections for the middle portion of the block into one big section. The top and the bottom sections were also combined into simplified versions.
FW #103
And yes my whirlwind is spinning in the opposite direction because I forgot to mirror the template when I printed it out. That's ok though, it doesn't bother me one bit!

Yesterday was a lazy unproductive day as well. After being woken up at 6am with another mother of all charlie horses (major muscle cramp in the leg, for those of you unfamiliar with the term) that left me limping for the rest of the day. I'm glad I only have a week and a half left to go! Then maybe I can fall asleep peacefully at night without fear of stretching the wrong way in my sleep.

~ Norma

1 comment :

Becca said...

I'm sorry to hear about your charlie horse. I woke up the same morning screaming because of one and have been limping since. Best wishes with L&D. Your quilt blocks are just lovely!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design