SLIDER

DQS 10 v1.3 - Finito

Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Well my DQS 10 is finally finished and should be halfway to it's new home by now.

4-11 DQS 10 v1.3

DQS10 finished

DQS10 back


Stats:
- Shoot I forget the measurements LOL. I think it ended up being something like 22"x22" I know it was definitely less than 24"x24"
- Fabrics: Kona Charcoal (dark gray), all other fabrics from my scrap bin (Katie Jump-rope, Kaffe Fasset, Meadowsweet, Amy Butler, Patty Young to name a few)
- Backing: vintage sheet
- Pattern: modified from Lily's Quilt Along
- Free motion quilted by me on my Kenmore (made by Janome) using the Hooked on Feathers method. I love that there is no back tracking using this method!
- Thread: Essential Cotton in Charcoal ($2.49/spool) Slightly heavier weight (50/3)
- Needle: Schmetz 90/14 Quilting needle. I had previously used this thread with a lot of thread breakage, but switching to the 90/14 seems to have done the trick this time around. ( I LOVE their Essential PRO, it's a thinner poly thread)

Over all I loved it and wanted to keep it so very much :)

Oh and I received my lovely DQS 10 from my swap partner. This was my very first over seas partner and it was kind of fun to receive a package from the UK. My quilt was made by the talented Ethne of Flaming Stitches. I love the oriental feel of this bird quilt!


DQS 10 - received


~ Norma

5 comments :

Kati said...

This is simply fabulous. I wish it was coming to my mailbox. Love the scrappy border.

Gene Black said...

Your DQS quilt looks amazing. That is an excellent use of "scraps"

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh, I love the quilting on your DQS. SO pretty! Very impressive. And it's great that you shared your method. I definitely have to find out more about this technique. I see a CD purchase in my future....

And,I love that you have done the whole dresden with scraps!! Scrapbusting is my new obsession.

Great job! Beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing!

JariJari said...

lovely! lovely! lovely!...love the black as the background and the quilting too...overall it's a fantastic DQ!...!

Unknown said...

You are very welcome Norma - enjoy

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design