SLIDER

DQS 10 v1.1

Thursday, March 24, 2011
I got a little bit more done on this doll quilt today. Yesterday I got as far as piecing the Dresden wedge. Today I picked out the background (Kona Cotton in Charcoal) and used my Accuquilt Go 1.5" strip cutter to make quick work of cutting my scraps into perfect 1.5" squares. It literally only took me like 10 minutes to cut 70+ squares. Gotta love time saving tools!


3-24 DQS 10 v1.1


Hopefully I can get the borders all pieced tomorrow. I still have to attach the background to the Dresden and figure out what I want to use for the center. Right now I'm leaning towards a Charcoal center because I love the graphic look of it thus far.

~Norma

If you want to read my Accuquilt Go review and tutorial on how to cut squares with the Go see this post here.

5 comments :

Amy said...

very pretty, grey is the new black.love it

Leanne said...

This looks so great with the dark background and frame of colours! I agree that a dark centre would be dramatic. I am looking forward to seeing the final finish!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

It is amazing! I am so jealous...I want a AccuQuilt Go!!

Wendy said...

These colors pop on your choice of background.......your partner is going to be one lucky person....

prsd4tim2 said...

I love the dresden and the colors are lovely! Nicely done!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design