SLIDER

Slacker! ...and a winner

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Yup, that's me. What can I say, when the weather turns cold I turn almost sloth like and wish I could stay in my warm cozy bed all day long. In my defense I did run a really, I mean REALLY good race on Saturday. At least it was good for my short 5'0" self. I know I'm not gonna set any world records with these short little legs of mine, and just thinking about 9 minute(or less) miles makes me want to hurl. I'll gladly take my 10 minute miles any day.

This was my second half marathon. After the first one, in 2008, I promised I would never, like EVER, do it again... I wonder what happened. I'll tell you what happened: CORRIE! Yup, that darn Canadian BFF of mine let me talk us into doing a half marathon. No wonder I dislike Canadians so much. Well folks we ran our little guts out and managed to set new personal records. We finished right at 2 hours and 11 minutes (and a couple of seconds) a whole whopping 27 minutes faster than my first half marathon! {Can I get a woot woot?} We were so super excited to cross that finish line and be done so that we can "never ever do that again" {...until next time I suppose.} After the race came the pain, oh the pain. 13.1 miles will do some funny things {so not funny ha ha}  to places you never even knew you had! I was finally able to climb my stairs without any problems on Tuesday morning.

So in summary:  pain + cold weather = total slacker

Without further ado the winner of the $15 Walmart Gift card is  

Lucky #23
Maralyn who said:
I would LOVE to get the apple/cinnamon one for the holidays!!!
Then I wouldn't have to make so much pie??? NOT!!!
hahahahaha
Thanks!

On the not so slacker side, I did manage to deck my house out for Christmas, get all the Christmas shopping done (I love the internet) and I even managed to sew a cute bag (pictures coming soon I pinkie swear!)

Holy Schmoly I just realized I haven't mailed out my box of scraps for the scrappy giveaway. See, total slacker. The box is at least packed up and waiting for my next trip to the post office.

~ Norma

ps blogger spell checker really needs an update "Holy Schmoly"" "woot woot" "BFF" those are all legit words!

3 comments :

lisapenn said...

WOWEE WOW! Holy cow that was some fast running. Way to go Norma! More inspiration for me. ; )

highdeekay said...

Yay, I've been meaning to inquire how things went on Saturday. You two rock!

Marilyn W said...

WHOOHOOO!!! I won, I won!!!!

Thanks SO much for hosting the giveaway.

Marilyn

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design