SLIDER

Project Organization

Friday, January 22, 2016
Today we are having a snow day in middle Tennessee which means everything is closed and my whole family is home! Luckily I made it out to the post office this morning to ship some quilts before the rain turned to snow.

Earlier in the week I mentioned that I had gotten my UFO's organized. Hopefully this will keep me motivated to work on my unfinished projects. Let me show you what I did and maybe it will help you too.

A few years ago I found these awesome printables made by Taryn of "from Pixels to Patchwork" and pinned them to one of my Pinterest boards. If you are anything like me you pin lots of fun ideas and never get to any of them! Taryn has made these organizational sheets available in both PDF and word formats, and they are FREE! Thank you Taryn!

As I was trying to figure out how to get organized I vaguely remembered pinning these sheets and was able to track them down amidst my 4,000+ pins (like I will ever have time for that!) Thankfully Taryn still has the available on her blog and yes they are still free.


I downloaded the Word version and was able to add my projects to the list and it looks nice and neat. Taryn also has individual project sheets so you can add more details about your project and break down the steps needed to get the project done. The file was so easy to use and you can even import a picture of your project. I wish I ha a color printer because these project sheets look so cute in color.
Finally I put my lists and project sheets into this cute binder I found at Walmart today. It has a gold foil peacock feather on the spine and it is in aqua ombre. Perfect for cute quilt projects!

I would love to know how you keep your projects organized.
~ Norma
blog.petitdesignco.com

1 comment :

jean95552 said...

Organized projects. Not sure if I would classify that under ideas, dreams, or nightmares. Maybe I'll just skip over to my real intentions for wining on. Thanks a million ways for your 31 days of blogging on the walking foot. I have quilted for years and never figured out the value it has in quilting. I wondered about it as a basting tool but think not now that I've read the series. I'll be trying it and pivoting will just be part of learning something new. Every quilt is further practice and I like a challenge.
Have you tried sashiko? I quilted one quilt on my sashiko machine and love the hand stitched look.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design