SLIDER

Carpenter’s Star Quilt

Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Carpenter's Star Quilt
I just realized that I never shared the “finished” quilt that I made this past May for a fundraiser. This quilt is super easy and a real show stopper. It is basically a super sized version of a traditional Carpenter’s Star or Carpenter’s Wheel block, with a few borders thrown in. I believe it finished at around 84”x84”
I was able to finish this quilt up in about 3 weeks. This is the quickest I have ever finished a quilt, and my biggest quilt to date. I did custom feather quilting in the colored fabrics and a meander in the white areas.
I even pieced the back just for fun:

Carpenter's Star Quilt
The quilt isn’t really that see through, it was just really bright outside. You can see the quilting a little bit better in the white areas of this picture.
~ Norma

Linking up to Swim Bike Quilt, "The other side of the quilt" Link Party

7 comments :

Arianne said...

I love it--the giant pattern, the colors, and the back piecing! Good job, Norma.

RosaMaría said...

me encanta! el diseño y los colores son fantásticos!! usaste algún patrón?

Gene Black said...

It is beautiful! I particularly love the pieced back.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

This gorgeous!! Did you follow a pattern or just wing it? If you just winged it . . . can you share your math? :)

Rachel said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors and big pieces.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love these colors so much... what a beautiful quilt! I gave you a thank you on my blog today for your 31 Days of Walking Foot Quilting series. It helped me fall in love with my walking foot and get a lot of UFOs done too!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Love the colors and size of the pattern! Great back too with the strip and pinwheel! Beautiful!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design