SLIDER

Finished… almost

Sunday, May 5, 2013
Carpenter's Star - quilted

(you can see more “in progress” shots on my FB page)

I was this {} close to finishing up this humungous 86”x86” quilt by the 6pm Friday deadline. I started feeling sick Thursday afternoon and had to force myself to finish the quilting that evening. For some reason I had drilled it into my mind that I had to stay up all night to make the binding and put it on. I think I was a bit delirious at that point.

Lucky for me, my good sense kicked in and gave me a good talking to. I realized that 1) it was not worth it to make myself sicker by not letting my body have the rest it needed, 2) the baby and 6 year old were feeling sick too so I needed as much energy as possible to take care of them, 3) *light bulb* I could always take the quilt to the auction without the binding and then bring it home to finish it and later deliver it to the winner. That is exactly what I did and it was the best thing I could have done.

I pretty much did nothing on Friday except square up the quilt and take care of the not too happy baby. The quilt sold and brought in the most money for the young women. It sold at a little over $200 which was a steal but I was just glad that it went for at least the price of materials. I was even more excited that it went to a cute couple. The wife was so in love with it and said she will redecorate her room around it. I’m just glad it went to someone who really wanted it and will appreciate it.

I’m feeling much better today and I will get to the binding so I can deliver the quilt to it’s rightful owner.

~ Norma

4 comments :

Lesley said...

This is a gorgeous quilt! I'm sure the winners of the auction will cherish it for years to come!

Barb said...

Just fabulous!!!

Jeri said...

That quilt is beautiful! I'm just teaching myself to quilt & already have 3 UFO's so I'm on my way officially to becoming a real live quilter. This is a quilt I love, as a newbie I have seen some that I don't care much for (even with my lack of experience) but this one is a YEP!

RosaMaría said...

te está quedando hermoso!!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design