SLIDER

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Friday, May 18, 2012
Hey there! I'm so glad you deiced to stop by and visit my little blog. I haven't had much of a sewing/quilting year. Having a baby will kill your quilty life :) Now that my little guy is 9 months old (WOW already?!) I'm finding making time for quilting. Just a snippet here and there.

One of the best ways I have found of forcing myself to make something is to make something for someone else. I can't tell you how many UFO I have for myself and my immediate family. Every now and then I take on a new project that is for someone outside of my family. Usually an online swap. This forces me to get something done because there are deadlines and someone on the other line I wouldn't want to disappoint.

My all time favorite swap is the DQS (Doll Quilt Swap) hosted on Flickr. A mini quilt is totally doable in tiny quilting sessions. But smaller doesn't always mean easier! I like to try out new techniques, blocks, or patterns on my DQS swap quilts. It's a fun way to try something new without commuting to a giant sized quilt. Plus if you need to scrap the project it doesn't feel like a waste of precious fabric.

For my last little quilt I decided to go with paper piecing. I've only done pp maybe four times. So I decided that was enough practice to tackle an advanced block with curved flying geese and sharp little points. SO I decided on a fun NY Beauty block. Ha, ha! It was definitely a learning experience, but in the end I think I did all right.


Sunny Side Up


And I decided to add a bunch of quilting to detract from the not so great piecing :) When in doubt add more quilting!

~ Norma

Don't forget to visit all the other blogs participating in Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side.

Oh and don't forget to  check out the "Quilty Giveaways" tab  for a round up of quilty related giveaways going on in blog land)

16 comments :

Little Island Quilting said...

A very sweet quilt and I love your quilting. Did you do it on a domestic sewing machine?

Charlotte said...

love it! and the piecing looks just fine to me!

Joy said...

It turned out beautiful. I love it! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Now *that* is some intense quilting!

CitricSugar said...

Great job - love the quilting!

Mom said...

Great quilting!

Hope you visit my blog too,

margaret gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are back to quilting, - this turned out really beautiful. The quilting is great :-)

Eileen said...

Love it!! You did a great job on this vibrant little piece. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Leanne said...

I love this little mini, the colours are so happy and the quilting is excellent!

straythreads said...

Strikeing!!!!! love the hand quilting
Ann

Quiltbenaco said...

Bello questo mini quilt!
Tanti auguri al tuo piccolino!
Ciao

Sarcastic Quilter said...

It's beautiful!

Sue Daurio said...

That is just beautiful! And look at that quilting, amazing.

Katie B said...

Incredible quilt!

Habibti at Home said...

You did great and don't have to hide anything with quilting!! Great little quilt!

Simply Sandy said...

I love this DQ. I want to try this block one day. The swap is a great way to try new things. I am still waiting on my little mini to arrive from the swap.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design