SLIDER

Geese Around the Block

Saturday, March 3, 2012

I’ve been playing with EQ 6 quite a bit trying to come up with ideas for my DQS 12. One of the requirements of the swap for this round is to use at least one block from a given list and to incorporate it into our quilt. For some reason I really want to use Flying Geese units in this quilt.

For those of you who aren’t quilter’s, this is a flying geese unit:

flying geese

I really liked them in the New York Beauty block I made up. Which got me to thinking about designing a block with just flying geese units. I have too many ideas rolling around in my head that I could never make them up in fabric. Thank goodness for EQ6 where I can quickly do a digital mock up of my idea to see what works and what doesn’t!

Here is one of the first mini quilts I designed. As far as I know this is an original layout by me.

Geese Around the Block

I like it a lot, but I may be biased! I would use prints instead of solids for all the “geese.” I would use Kona Cotton in charcoal for the gray solid. What do you think?

I think I’m going to play with it some more and see what it looks like as a block in a bed size quilt.

~ Norma

1 comment :

Karen said...

I love this! Except....how would it look with a white background instead of the charcoal....I really loved your wee trial..

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design