SLIDER

Deliciousness

Friday, December 16, 2011

The other day I opened up an early Christmas present. I’ve always wanted a cast iron Dutch oven but the prices have kept me from getting one. Even the “cheap” ones are in the $100 range. I was so excited to finally get one and at a super price! During Black Friday I came across an internet super deal and for $20 got a 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven.

I decided to make Pioneer Woman’s “Perfect Pot Roast.” I’ve never been able to make a roast that I actually enjoyed. This recipe was super delicious, super easy and came out so flavorful. I don’t know if it was the recipe or the Dutch oven. My kids ate every bite of food from their plate!

pw_roast

I followed the recipe exactly using her step by step photo tutorial as a guide. My onions and carrots even turned out as pretty as hers. I couldn’t resist snapping a picture.

So besides a pot roast what can I make in a Dutch oven?

~ Norma

1 comment :

Vanessa at Rescued Goods said...

I too would love a dutch oven! I have a crock pot and cook just about everything in it. Roasts are great. I also have done applesauce, puddings, chicken, and lots of different soups! Have fun!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design