SLIDER

Scrappy {Hoops} Swap

Saturday, November 13, 2010
On a whim I joined "The Scrappy {Hoops}" swap on Flickr. I thought it seemed like a pretty easy, low time commitment swap to sign up for. I hope my partner loves their hoop as much as I do. My BFF spotted it before it was finished and she wanted to make off with it. I'm sure it'll be on her Christmas list now that it's finished {...that list sure keeps getting longer every time she comes over!}


Whoo?


This little owl was made using my new found bloggy friend's, Sonja of Artisania, easy peeping owl Pattern. I really love the way the modern fabrics did all the work for me. The feathers, leaves, and tree bark were chosen from my scrap bin for their texture and pattern. My favorite is the basket weave print used on the owl (Denyse Schmidt, Katie Jump Rope.)

Well Partner I hope you "likey."
~ Norma

8 comments :

corrie said...

Yup...on my list.
It is so cute I can't stand it!

You got skillz girlfriend!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How absolutely darling!! Your swap partner will love it - I know I do!!

corrie said...

Just popped back over to check out this cutie again.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That is adorable. Lucky swap partner!

Angela {fussycut} said...

this is lovely! I would be happy if this showed up in my mailbox. :)

Needled Mom said...

It's adorable. I am a real fan of owls anyway, but this is waaaay too cute.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I love the owl! Its awesome.

Sonja said...

This is very funny!!!!!!
I was interested in your post about the Farmer's Wife Quilt and the reason why you would choose paper piecing method instead of templates (I'm also hesitating using the Marti templates). Then when you explained that you had only a single experience in paper piecing (me too), curious, I clicked on the hyperlink to see which one!???
Guess what...
WE have the SAME first experience : the Owl!!!! LOL
And if I'm not wrong, the Artisania paper piecing is considered as advanced!
I will now read all your posts related to the Farmer's Wife Quilt and then take my decision;)
ps/ I'm French speaking, sorry for my mistakes

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design