SLIDER

Fall Wreath

Sunday, November 1, 2009
I basically fell in love with all the beautiful fall wreaths that are at Hobby Lobby. But even on sale at 50% off the were still $30 and up. I took matters into my own hands and made my own version for about half the price.

{I lurve that green sunflower}

Materials:
Grapevine wreath $2.50 (was 50% off)
Leaf Garland $9.99 (was 50% off)
4 different "fall picks" ranging in price from $1.50-$2.50 (was 50% off)
Total was about $18

{The grapevine wreath will be re-used for other holidays so I don't think that should count for the price! So that would bring the total to about $16}

So I basically laid out the garland on top of the wreath and tied it down with some floral wire I had lying around (you could use those trash twisty ties that nobody ever uses.) In retrospect I think I should have cut the garland down in length because I think there are too many leaves towards the bottom of the wreath {but now it's up and I'm too lazy busy to fix it, so I'll fix it next year.} Then I just stuck in the floral picks here and there. I added the ribbon as a hanger and decided it needed a little something. I looked around and spotted the undecorated letter "E" I had sitting on my piano {my last name starts with "E", thus the "E" lyin' around.} I painted it a cream color then stuck it in there. Voila! What do you think?

Mr. PD just thinks it's silly, all this decoratin' stuff. That's ok, I don't expect him to understand!







13 comments :

Conny's Cottage said...

hello norma,

that is very nice.i love it.

greatings conny

Gene Black said...

I love when I can "do it myself" and save a few $$.

M.O.T.B said...

I like it and it sounds easy! Good job!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

EVERY BIT as cute as -- if not cuter than -- the ones you can buy premade at the store. Great job!

Roeshel said...

It's gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking your creativity to the DIY Fall Festival. I'm going to include your wreath in this week's highlights. :)

Roeshel

Salsa Mama said...

Super cute! I love the E on it.

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

LOVE this!! Especially the green daisy! I was just in Hobby Lobby and had the same thought process but didn't think to make my own. LOL! Yours is GORGEOUS!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Great job! I need that E!! :)

Allison said...

Thank you for sharing! You inspired me to make my own! I linked your tutorial with my post today! Happy Fall!

Always Nesting said...

I have your gorgeous wreath pinned as an inspiration for my fall wreath. I have everything on hand to redo last year's wreath and add the monogram. Thank you for your creativity and inspiration.

Kate said...

I love this wreath! It's actually easy enough for me to do and I have some of the supplies already. I pinned it to my holiday board on Pinterest and can't wait to make it soon! Blessings!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous and you should leave the extra leaves on next year. It looks great as is.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely NOT rework the wreath, as it was the fullness at the base that makes it SO attractive compared to the average wreath. LOve it!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design